• Students who register for this qualification should have any of the following:
• Access to this qualification is National Senior Certificate or an equivalent qualification at exit level 4
• Grade 12 Certificate or National Senior Certificate with the appropriate selection of subjects including:
o Mathematic / Mathematical Literacy
o Life Science / Biology
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
The following is a recommendation:
• Communication (English) level 4 or 3
• Mathematics / Mathematical literacy level 4 or 3
• Life Sciences level/Biology Level 4 or3
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
The duration of the programme is 1 (one ) academic year of at least 44 weeks full time study.
The course consists of theory and practical work.
Medium of tuition is in English
COURSE OF STUDY:
All theory is offered at the Academy:
• Nursing History and Ethics
• Basic Nursing Care
• Elementary Nutrition
• First Aid
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Introduction to Comprehensive Health Care
Theoretical examinations are conducted by the South African Nursing Council at the end of each study year. Practical examinations (clinical) are conducted by Future Nurses Nursing School at the end of the year.
Successful learners can register at the South African Nursing Council as an Auxiliary Nurse.
Fees include the following:
• SANC fees access (Registration and final examination)
• Democratic Nursing Organization of South Africa (DENOSA ) membership fee